Have you been looking for the perfect telescope?
The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope is a great choice for beginners and intermediate astronomers alike. It’s easy to use, affordable and has good optics that will help you see more of the sky than ever before.
This scope is perfect if you are that type of person who won’t settle just for a bargain but will go all out to acquire quality equipment. You can get this telescope in either an altazimuth or equatorial mount so it can be used by people who expect the best. Plus, it comes with two eyepieces so you can change your magnification depending on what object you want to look at!
The Orion brand is synonym with crystal-clear images, high quality components, and a great all round quality associated with their telescopes.
There are many people who think that the Orion SpaceProbe 130ST is one of the best values for money telescopes you can buy.
Therefore, the following review will try to point out the pros and the cons of this particular telescope, while giving you an overall look at the product’s features.
Firstly this is a telescope designed for deep space gazing. Even if it is advertised for the beginners market, its technical features are amazing (in correlation with the price). You can benefit from a 100 to 150mm aperture, allowing you to see not only the Moon but also the planets and galaxies.
The Focal Length
This Orion space probe telescope also boasts a short 24″ long optical tube design which makes it great for transportation, while the 130mm optical diameter, and the 650mm focal length are in perfect balance with the f/5.0 focal ratio.
This ratio is especially interesting for those who want to feel the full pleasure of their stargazing activities, making it quite versatile and great for the entire family to use.
The Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST also comes with an Equatorial mount, and the strong, adjustable tripod makes it easier for anyone to manually adjust it, and track the stars and planets in slow-motion while they travel.
Perfect for Astro-Photography
One major advantage of this type of mount is that it is perfect for all those who are into astrophotography as well, as it allows for long exposure and better tracking as objects move around the night sky.
In the Box
- Orion 130mm, f/5 reflector telescope optical tube assembly
- 25mm Orion Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece (1.25″)
- 10mm Orion Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece (1.25″)
- Tripod legs with attachment screws
- Equatorial mount
- 6×30 Finderscope
- Finder scope bracket with O-ring
- Collimation cap
- Tube rings
- Counterweight shaft
- Tripod accessory tray
- Slow-motion control cables
- Dust cap
- Leg lock knobs
- Accessory tray bracket
- Accessory tray wing screws
- Starry Night Special Edition astronomy software download card
‘Starry Night’ software
And like with many other similar products, this Orion telescope also comes with the ‘Starry Night’ software, which is extremely useful for beginners and has the added benefit of alerting the user of upcoming celestial events, a feature you rarely find even in the best telescopes on the market.
The telescope also comes with tools to help you assemble the product, and two eyepieces: 10mm for 65x, and a 25mm for 26x magnification, respectively.
There are a lot of extra Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST accessories, including an Orion Shorty 1.25″ 2x Barlow Lens to enhance magnification, but also filters, lenses, and accessories if you want to delve into the wonderful world of Astro-Photography.
The dust cap that comes in the package helps you keep the telescope safe from dust, fog, or humidity. Also, you need to properly store it away from warm or humid environments, while the lenses and even the rest of the components should be treated with care.
THIS ORION REFLECTOR TELESCOPE IS VERY PORTABLE AND QUICK TO SET UP. THIS MAKES IT A GREAT CHOICE FOR BEGINNERS AS WELL AS MORE ADVANCED STARGAZERS, WHO VALUE THIS PORTABILITY
- This 5.1-inch aperture reflector telescope gathers an ample amount of light for great views of the planets and Moon, as well as brighter galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters
- Short 24-inch long optical tube design for easy portability and fast f/5 focal ratio for pleasing wide-field performance makes the SpaceProbe 130ST EQ a very versatile telescope the whole family can enjoy
- A sturdy EQ-2 equatorial telescope mount and adjustable tripod allows manual slow-motion tracking of celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky
- The complete assembled telescope weighs just 27 lbs. for convenient transport
- Includes two 1.25 inch Sirius Plossl eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6×30 finder scope, 1.25inch rack and pinion focuser, tripod accessory tray, collimation cap, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
Take a look at some similar products
Still not sure? Then take a look at these similar products before you click that buy button:
First of all, we highly recommend you look at some Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST YouTube reviews in order to get a clearer image of how the telescope works, and what it is good for.
While having a higher price than other products dedicated to beginner astronomers and hobbyists, the telescope introduces you to the world of amateur astronomy on the red carpet.
The high quality of each and every component, the crystal clear quality of the images, the Equatorial mount, the readiness with which it welcomes AstroPhotographers, and the reputation of the company make the Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST a perfect choice.
It actually has little to no cons, the ones stated being personal opinions rather than facts.
And many specialists recommend the product for children and novice astronomers, as well as for the intermediate-level ones who are ready to take a step further into exploring the universe.
- This 5.1 inch aperture reflector telescope gathers an ample amount of light for great views of the planets and Moon, as well as brighter galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters
- Short 24 inch long optical tube design for easy portability and fast f/5 focal ratio for pleasing wide-field performance makes the SpaceProbe 130ST EQ a very versatile telescope the whole family can enjoy
- Sturdy EQ-2 equatorial telescope mount and adjustable tripod allows manual slow-motion tracking of celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky , Counterweight bar length - 8 inches
- Complete assembled telescope weighs just 27 lbs. for convenient transport. Best for imaging- Lunar & planetary