If you are looking for a telescope, then this is the one.
The Celestron AstroMaster 130 EQ Telescope has been around since 1989 and it’s still going strong. It comes with everything you need to get started in astronomy, including two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a 2x Barlow lens, erect image diagonal prism, finder scope bracket with an O-ring seal, dust caps for all-optical components, and an aluminum tripod with accessory tray. This telescope will provide hours of enjoyment as well as help you learn about our universe!
The Celestron AstroMaster 130 EQ telescope is a great choice for beginners. It’s easy to set up and use, so you can start exploring the night sky right away. This scope has an excellent price point, but it still offers many features that are found on more expensive models.
If you’re looking for your first telescope or just want a good quality one at an affordable price, this is a great option! You’ll be able to see all of the planets in our solar system and some deep space objects like galaxies and nebulae with this scope.
The packaging that the telescope arrived in was adequate and well protected. Obviously with something like a telescope that should be a given. On opening the box I had a quick browse through the instructions which were simple enough and this allowed me to have the telescope up and running within an hour.
This telescope comes with an EQ mount and most beginners may find the scanning and the adjustments a little confusing. But once this confusion has passed it will be pretty straightforward for most. The mount that comes with the Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ is a manual equatorial mount, which makes it very easy to track your targets.
A Powerful Telescope
On the top of that mount, what you do get is a very powerful reflector telescope that is ideal for the beginner astronomer. It comes with the fully coated glass optics, a sturdy yet lightweight frame, a couple of excellent eyepieces as well as a StarPointer red dot finderscope. All you will need to begin your journey in this absorbing and fascinating hobby.
With this telescope you will be able to get really detailed sharp images of Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s moons and much more.
Better Viewing and the Optics
And to help you see all of these celestial objects the Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ has some very high quality optics. The heart of the system is a 130mm glass optic objective lens. Includes in the package is everything you need to get started with astronomy: two 1.25” eyepieces (20mm and 10mm).
The AstroMaster mount features two slow-motion control knobs that allow you to make precision adjustments. Along with that you also get the StarPointer red dot finderscope, erect image diagonal, and free access to the Starry Night astronomy software.
Manual Equatorial Mount
As the Earth rotates on it’s axis the objects you are viewing, appear to drift across the sky. The addition of the EQ mount helps you to track these objects simply by turning the knobs on the mount. Helping you to get a more stable viewing experience and keeping the target centered in the eyepiece.
As you read this Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ review, you will realize that this is a great telescope. Another big plus for this scope is its portability. The compact and lightweight telescope is ideal for viewing the stars with your friends, taking on camping trips, and taking advantage of the clearer skies. Or just for use in your backyard.
A GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY TELESCOPE WHICH WILL GIVE YOU HOURS AND HOURS OF ENJOYMENT
- Manual German equatorial mount with setting circles to accurately locate and track sky objects.
- Adjustable, full height steel tripod with deluxe accessory tray. Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Accessories include a 20mm and 10mm eyepiece, and a finderscope. Optical tube length: 610mm
- Download Starry Night Basic Software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Take a look at some similar products
Still not sure? Then take a look at these similar products before you click that buy button:
|Celestron Powerseeker 127EQ Review|
|Celestron Nexstar 130 slt Computerized Telescope Review|
|Orion SpaceProbe 130ST – Equatorial Reflector Telescope Review|
If you are new to stargazing this telescope is a great place to start. You may want to consider buying a Barlow Lens to increase the magnification. Doing this will enable you to see Saturn and her rings very clearly. Looking at Jupiter’s moons will also be possible. These things alone make this telescope worth every penny.
- POWERFUL REFLECTOR TELESCOPE: The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ Newtonian telescope is a powerful and user-friendly reflector telescope. It features fully-coated glass optics, a sturdy and lightweight frame, two eyepieces, a StarPointer red dot finderscope and an adjustable tripod
- HIGH-QUALITY 114MM OPTICS: The heart of the system is a fully-coated 130mm primary mirror. The AstroMaster mount features two slow-motion control knobs that allow you to make precision adjustments to view celestial and terrestrial objects
- QUICK SETUP & LIGHTWEIGHT FRAME: This telescope for adults and kids to be used together features a lightweight frame and a manual German Equatorial mount for smooth and accurate pointing. Setup is quick and easy, with no tools required
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: We’ve included 2 eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a tripod, and a StarPointer red dot finderscope. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs